Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just a few more days

Hello Family,
So here we are, down to days to the family reunion. Are you all excited?!! I thought it might be helpful to get you some of the finalized information so that you know where we are meeting and what the plans are.
I have mentioned a few times that I really wanted to plan a fairly loose schedule so that everybody has a place to gather, but if you want to see the local sights, you have the opportunity to do that as well.
Our main gathering place will be at the Hummelstown Swim Club. This is located at 301 Kokomo Ave. Hummelstown, PA The phone number is (717)566-2368. I will give you Nate’s phone number (717)712-5786. (I still need to replace my cell phone. Recent water damage.) Basically, from RT. 422, drive into the square in Hummelstown. (It’s a very cute town. You will pass the High School on your right.) Go straight through the light. You pass under a bridge and take the second right after the bridge. That is Kokomo Ave. Just follow this street through the neighborhood. It will veer to the right. Near the end of the road will be the pool on your right. There will be a sign up as you enter that shows where the Bliss Family reunion is. We will meet in a covered pavilion. For each time we use this pavilion, there will be a $3 fee per person and those over 60 will need to pay $1. Please be prepared to pay this when you arrive as we will need to pay each time we use the pavilion.
On Friday night, Nate and I will provide dinner. You will be able to use all the pool facilities when we are there. We’re planning on dinner around 5:00. Friday is a night to see everybody, eat and just have a good time. The pool closes at 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, I thought I would reserve the Hershey Trolley to take us on a tour of Hershey. This gives you a little history on the town as well as a cute little show. You will be able to see some areas you may want to tour more in depth later. This will be the only thing I will book as a group. As long as the group is over 20, we can get a discount and I can reserve it up to a week in advance. I can reserve without payment, so if you choose to go, please be prepared to pay when you arrive. I am planning on the earliest tour, which is 9:45 a.m. Saturday morning. Please let me know if you would like to participate in this and I will make the reservation. I listed prices on the blog, so if you need specifics, you may check there, or go to the Chocolate World website.
I will give you a quick rundown on places you may want to see on Friday night when we gather, but if you check on the Hershey, PA website, Hersheypa.com, you will be able to check out what there is to do ahead of time. If you’re interested in going to Hershey Park, there are discounted tickets at our local grocery store, Giant. They may have some deals online too, but I’m not aware of how good of a deal they are.
I will have the same pavilion at the pool reserved from 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Saturday. This is to use as you please. If you would like to come and lounge at the pool, play volleyball, tetherball, shuffleboard, tennis, ping pong, or just visit with family, this is available for you to use, again, $3 for the day 60 and over $1. You may choose to join us all day at the pool, but if you would like to tour the town instead, that option is open as well.
I did plan on having a potluck on Saturday for dinner. Please bring your own meat and buns if you choose to have hamburgers or hot dogs, drinks for your family and a side dish or dessert to share. This may mean we have all desserts or all side dishes, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take. This is mostly about getting together and seeing you all, so it’s not really that formal. There is also a Food Lagoon that serves hot food and will support our swim team with the proceeds, and a snack bar that has candy bars, pop, ice cream, and various other candies. You are also welcome to bring in your own ice chests full of food to keep you going through the day, or have a pizza delivered. If you would rather order pizza than barbeque that evening, I will not be offended. I should also mention that there are no alcoholic beverages allowed at the pool.
I will try to have something set up so if you would like to share a talent that evening, that option will be available. Maybe even some Karaoke.
Sunday morning I planned on reserving a place to have brunch. Two places I was thinking of were the Hershey Grill or Devon. I am finding that our group is growing though and I may not be able to reserve a spot for this large of a group. So that’s still up in the air. Here’s what I need from you in order to make that decision. Please let me know who is coming so I may have a good count. I will list who I know is coming and those that I have heard rumored are coming. If you know for sure, please, please, please let me know. Sunday will be a time to say our good byes and have a nice brunch. If our group is too large to reserve a restaurant, I will reserve the pavilion again and we could have pastries and fruit and fruit juices to share. At any rate, we’ll have a last gathering to see one another again before we venture further to see what there is to see back east.
So, just to clarify, what I need you to tell me is if you are planning on coming and if you know of any who are coming and if you plan on going on the trolley tour on Saturday morning.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you. Let the good times roll.
Heather
 
Here’s the count I have so far
Bryners 6
Art Bliss
Ted Bliss
Vee Baldwin
Leslie Trosper
Marque Trosper family 3
Susan Nietfield
Lyn Weber
Mary Bernice and Mike Lewis
Kyle Chandler Family 10
Dennis Chandler
Snep/Cox family 6
Perkins family 2-5
Gille her husband and his mother
Brandy husband and 2 – 4 kids
This is the list I have of those there are for sure coming
I have read that possibly Amy Terrell and her family will be coming and Allison Lewis has expressed some interest, but I have not have verification from either of these two. If you know of anybody that I may be missing on the list, please let me know. You may have told me you’re coming and I accidentally left you off the list. If that’s the case, let me apologize. It’s been a busy summer.
Good luck in your travels.

4 comments:

  1. Marque, Sarah and Leah would like to participate in the trolley tour and Sunday Brunch. Of course, we will be around for the dinners at the Pavilion on Fr and Sa nights. If there is anything you need for us to do, let us know. Sounds like fun. We are looking forward to seeing you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the Hershey website the other day and decided that we haven't talked about tee shirts this time but thought it would be a lot of fun to have a picture of the Hershey Bliss chocolate candy on the teeshirt with the words "Family Reunion" Underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for a great time! Thanks Heather and Nathan for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete